GET INVOLVED! MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Whether it's stuffing envelopes, volunteering at an event, or planning a new project using your unique talents and skills - the Dublin A.C.T. Coalition needs YOU!
Current Opportunities for Involvement are listed below. If YOU are interested in a particular workgroup, project, or to make a donation please click here to email the Dublin A.C.T. Coalition. and someone from the coalition will contact you with more information as soon as possible. Please note that we take all types of volunteers and it is not required that you join a particular workgroup to be involved. See below for the wide variety of ways that you can join us today:
Underage Drinking Workgroup
The Underage Drinking Workgroup is currently working to develop the following projects:
- Marketing and distribution of youth-led PSA's within Dublin community
- Development of a Pre-Prom and Pre-Graduation Underage Drinking Prevention and Awareness Campaign for Adults and Youth
- Development of a parent-focused info. card for parents of younger youth (Elementary and Middle School) regarding underage drinking prevention
- Involvement with the Dublin Irish Festival
- Development of a Podcast utilizing local medical professionals to share information regarding the consequences of underage drinking
- Compliance chek support for Dublin Police
- Support for the Kiwanis Teen Driving Roadeo
Prescription Drug Workgroup
The Prescription Drug Workgroup is currently working to develop the following projects:
- Create an awareness graphic to be placed on local pharmacy bags
- Develop a comprehensive, grassroots distribution strategy for the 2012 produced A.C.T. Coalition prescription drug abuse PSA
- Conduct research regarding a possible permanent prescription drug drop off location
- Support for local prescription drug drop off days
- Ongoing educational partnership projects with Washington Township Fire & EMS
- Further develop the overall A.C.T. prescription drug abuse awareness campaign
- Development of an outreach/education campaign with local medical community
- Support the ODADAS campaign "Don't Get Me Started"
- Create information for Dublin City Schools athletics staff members to utilize with student athletes and parents
The Marijuana Workgroup is a brand new workgroup started during the 2011/2012 grant year. This group is currently working on the following projects:
- Capacity building educational opportunities for workgroup and coalition members
- Dublin specific marijuana informational card for adults and youth
- A youth-led PSA
- Coordination of a community training/workshop
- Research and review of local policies and laws regarding marijuana
The Dublin A.C.T. Youth Council
If you are a 9th-12th grade student and interested in using your voice to make a difference in the lives of your peers regarding youth substance abuse, then the Dublin A.C.T. Youth Council is for YOU! Each year a team of representatives from each of the 3 Dublin High Schools joins together to make a difference in their community. Focused on substance abuse, the Youth Council utilizes postiive peer to peer strategies to show their peers that drug free students are in the majority and not the minority! If you are interested in getting involved please click here to email Jaime Burke, Coordinator of the Dublin A.C.T. Coalition.
School representatives are as follows:
Jerome HS - Mr. Zweizig
Scioto HS - Mr. Borland
Coffman HS - Dr. Diniaco
Other ways to get involved
The Dublin A.C.T. Coalition offers a variety of opportunities for involvement including but not limited to:
- booth volunteers
- attendance at Coalition events
- personal or business donations
- volunteer time - Many times we have miscellaneous jobs where we need the support of community members to get the work completed. These jobs can include addressing and stuffing mailings, stuffing info. packets, set-up and clean-up support for events, and so much more! If you have the time and energy we'd love to have you help!
Take some time today and sign-up to get involved! We can't wait to hear from YOU!